The Steinbeis-Tansferzentrum Sprachlernmedien (Language Learning Media) is part of the Steinbeis Network, an international service provider in tangible, implementation-oriented knowledge and technology transfer.
Based on European Lifelong Learning projects and in close cooperation with the Applied English Linguistics group at the University of Tübingen, the Steinbeis Transfer Center Language Learning Media focuses on language teacher development across educational sectors from school to university to vocational training.
We attach particular importance to e-learning media and web collaboration and their innovative potential for language learning and teaching from communicative skills practice and intercultural communicative interaction to teacher networking and collaboration.
Here are some of our key areas of interest and expertise:
- e-learning and blended learning with Moodle
- web-based pedagogic corpora for content and language integrated learning (CLIL)
- intercultural contact and communication though web interaction
- English as a lingua franca communication and pedagogy
- interpreter training in the virtual environment of “Second Life”